Apple Carpaccio with Green Apple Vinaigrette
Susan Walter / Chef
Ingredients for Green Apple Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup The Perfect Purée Green Apple Puree, thawed
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. tarragon
Method for the Green Apple Vinaigrette:
- Whisk ingredients together in a small bowl and reserve.
Ingredients for Walnut Picada:
- 1 tbsp. The Perfect Purée Orange Zest, thawed
- 1 1/2 inch thick slice of bread
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. walnuts
- 8 mint leaves
- Salt to taste
Method for the Walnut Picada:
- Brush bread with olive oil and toast in 375° F oven for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Place walnuts on a baking sheet and roast in 375° F oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Pulse bread and walnuts in a food processor to make a medium-sized crumbly mixture (about the size of pine nuts).
- Add Orange Zest, mint, and salt. Pulse once or twice to combine.
- 4 crisp red apples
- 8 crostini
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- Core & thinly slice red apples on a mandoline. Arrange, overlapping slightly on an oversize salad plate.
- Toss watercress with 1 cup of Green Apple Vinaigrette.
- Divide among 8 plates, about 1 oz—watercress per plate, in the center of the apple slices.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp—Green Apple Vinaigrette over apple slices.
- Sprinkle Walnut Picada over apple slices. Garnish with Crostini spread with goat cheese.