Banana Rum Sauce
8 Serving size: 2
- 4 oz. The Perfect Purée Banana Puree, thawed
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 oz. rum
- In a saucepot, combine the brown sugar, butter, and rum. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the Banana Puree and cream. Remove from heat.
- Strain through a sieve and serve.
- Use this topping over bread pudding, sautéed fruit such as peaches or pears, ice cream or sundaes, pound cake, dessert waffles, and crepes.
- Substitute The Perfect Purée White Peach, Mango, or Papaya purees for the Banana Puree.