Blackberry Ginger Chutney
Yield: 40 portions
Ingredients for Blackberry Ginger Chutney:
- 2 pints The Perfect Purée Blackberry Puree, thawed
- 1 tbsp. pickling spice
- 6 black peppercorns, cracked
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup cabernet/red wine vinegar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup jumbo yellow onion, diced finely
- 1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup ginger, diced finely
Method for Blackberry Ginger Chutney:
- Place pickling spice, black peppercorns, and salt in a cheesecloth and tie it into a sachet.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, onions, garlic, ginger, and pickling spice/pepper sachet in a saucepot. Then, bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until the onions are transparent. Add in the Blackberry puree and continue simmering the mixture until it is reduced to a loosely thickened mixture.
- Cool, then remove and discard the sachet. Store refrigerated.