Cranberry Orange Walnut Coffee Cake
Yield: 9 in. cake
Source: Catherine O'Meara, Chef/Owner, Heller Catering, Lake Bluff, IL.
|•||1 tbsp. The Perfect Purée Orange Zest, thawed|
|•||1 cup all-purpose flour (gluten-free also acceptable)|
|•||1 cup granulated sugar|
|•||1/4 tsp. salt|
|•||2 cups fresh frozen whole cranberries|
|•||3/4 cup toasted and roughly chopped walnuts|
|•||1/2 cup very soft butter|
|•||2 eggs, lightly beaten|
|•||1 tsp. almond extract|
|1. Pre-heat the oven to 325 degree then place parchment paper on the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan and spray the sides.
2. Combine flour, sugar and salt.
3. Mix in the cranberries and walnuts; toss to coat with dry mixture.
4. Mix together the softened or melted butter; beaten eggs; almond extract and zest.
5. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together with your hands.
6. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until center does not give when touched.
8. Serve warm as a breakfast pastry with clotted cream or dust with powdered sugar.