Fields Good Chicken Baked Chicken Wings
Adapted from Chef Dan Jackson of Fields Good Chicken Baked Wings Recipe posted on InsideHook; Photo by Pexels
Ingredients for Fields Good Chicken Baked Chicken Wings:
- 48 chicken wings
Ingredients for Wet Brine:
- ¾ cup The Perfect Purée Sweet Ginger, thawed
- 1 cup kosher salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 cups hot water
- 7 cups of ice
Ingredients for Dry Rub:
- ¼ cup neutral oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup paprika
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
Ingredients for Maple Chipotle Sauce:
- ⅓ cup The Perfect Purée Chipotle Sour Blend, thawed
- 17 oz. can of chipotle adobo
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ⅔ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup tamari or regular soy sauce
Method for Fields Good Chicken Baked Chicken Wings:
- Combine kosher salt and sugar.
- Pour hot water over the wet brine ingredients and mix with a whisk until dissolved (water will be clear when dry ingredients are fully dissolved).
- Add ice and stir until the ice melts.
- Pour wet brine over the wings and refrigerate for two hours.
- Drain brine, remove any ginger pieces and let dry in refrigerator overnight (uncovered).
- Make the dry rub by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Once the wings have dried overnight in the refrigerator, toss them in the dry rub spice blend until coated.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and roast the coated wings on a rack-lined sheet tray, flipping halfway through the cooking process, about 30-35 minutes (internal temperature of 165°F). Cook for an additional 10 minutes if you want fall-off-the-bone meat.
- While wings are in the oven, prepare the maple chipotle sauce by blending all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Once wings are finished, toss them in the maple chipotle sauce and serve with ranch or bleu cheese dressing and crudités.