Fried Chicken with Sriracha Honey Sauce
Chef Liza Cheng | The Perfect Puree of Napa Valley
Ingredients for Fried Chicken:
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 cups neutral oil for frying (vegetable/grapeseed/peanut)
Ingredients for Batter:
- 2.5 tapioca flour
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 ¼ C cold water
Ingredients for Marinade:
- 1 tbsp. dry sherry
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
Method for Fried Chicken Marinade:
- Mix all marinade ingredients together and add your chicken to the marinade.
- Marinate the chicken overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a separate bowl, mix all your batter ingredients together, and make sure to whisk the batter to remove any clumps. You want to have a medium to slight runny batter. Mix the batter occasionally, as the tapioca flour will settle to the bottom and sometimes solidify.
- Heat your cooking oil over medium heat and check if it is ready by either checking with a thermometer (350°) or using a small piece of the batter in the oil to see if it starts to bubble. Don’t overcrowd your frying pan or pot- as you risk lowering the temperature of the oil too low, and the chicken will not cook evenly.
- Fry your chicken for 10 minutes or if you take an internal temperature of 165F.
Ingredients for Sriracha Honey Sauce:
- ½ cups The Perfect Puree Red Jalapeno Puree, thawed
- ¼ cups honey
Method for Sriracha Honey Sauce:
- Mix The Perfect Puree of Napa Valley Red Jalapeno with honey with a whisk until all the honey is incorporated and emulsified.
- Serve sauce on the side for diners to dip fried chicken.