Ginger Farro Salad
Chef Austin Perkins, Nick’s Cove, Marshall, CA
Ingredients for Ginger Farro Salad:
- 6 tbsp. The Perfect Purée Sweet Ginger, thawed
- 4 cups cooked farro, chilled
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup rough chopped cashews
- 2 tbsp. each of chopped mint, basil and cilantro
- ¼ cup currants
- 1 jalapeño, deveined, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- In a medium saucepan stir together all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool. Serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to one week.
- This chutney lends intriguing flavor to roasted meats, ham, and all types of poultry. Use it also as a sandwich condiment for a roast beef or smoked turkey sandwich.