Going a Bit Red in Oaxaca
Darlene Hayes, Author of the Cider Cocktails – Another Bite of the Apple
- 1 ½ oz. Rey Campero Espadín Joven Mezcal
- ½ oz. Byrrh Grand Quinquina
- 3 oz. 101 Cider House Cactus Rosé Cider
- ½ oz. The Perfect Purée Sweet Hibiscus, thawed
- ¼ oz. agave syrup
- Pour the cider into a 10-ounce Old-Fashion glass. Mix the mezcal, Sweet Hibiscus, Grand Quinquina, and agave syrup in a shaker with ice. Shake to blend for approximately 30 seconds, then strain into the cider. Fill the rest of the glass with ice, and garnish with a wide strip of orange peel and a generous topping of cocoa nib & ancho chile dust (equal parts ground cocoa nibs and ancho chile powder).