Grilled Lemongrass Beef Coulotte With Charred Broccoli Di Ciccio and Yuzu Sour Vinaigrette
Featured at the Flavor Quality & American Menus Leadership Retreat 2019
Ingredients for Yuzu Marinade:
- ¼ cup The Perfect Purée Yuzu Luxe Sour blend, thawed
- 2 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. garlic chives, minced
- 4 tbsp. lemongrass, minced
- 6 tbsp. fish sauce
- 6 tbsp. sambal
- 4 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 lb. beef coulotte, fat trimmed, cut into 2” wide lengthwise strips
Method for the Yuzu Marinade:
- Combine all ingredients except the beef.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper. Let sit for 30 minutes—place in the marinade. Let sit overnight.
Ingredients for Yuzu Sour Vinaigrette:
- ½ cup The Perfect Purée Yuzu Luxe Sour blend, thawed
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp. garlic, micro-planed
- 2 tbsp. ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 oz. canola oil
- 2 lb. broccoli di Ciccio, trimmed in 2” pieces
- Salt as needed
- Ground black pepper as needed
- 1 tbsp. green onions, julienne, soaked in ice water
- 1 ea. shiso leaves, julienne
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
Method for Yuzu Sour Vinaigrette:
- Combine the first 9 ingredients to make Yuzu Luxe Vinaigrette. Season with salt and black pepper as needed.
- Heat a sauté pan over high heat. When smoking hot, add the oil and broccoli in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, let sit for a few seconds to char, then flip. Cook until the broccoli is charred, and cook al dente. Remove broccoli from the pan.
- Place the broccoli on one side of the plate, and drizzle with the leftover sauce from the pan.
- Preheat a grill. Remove the beef from the marinade and scrape any exterior bits. Grill over medium-high heat until medium rare. Let rest for 15-20 minutes.
- To Serve: Slice the meat on a slight angle against the grain. Lean the beef next to the broccoli. Drizzle with more of the sauce to slightly flood the plate. Garnish with green onions, shiso, and sesame seeds.