Key Lime Cheesecake
Chef Raymond Morales (IG: @mowelr)
Ingredients for the Cheesecake Base:
- 1.5 lb. Cream cheese (room temperature)
- 150 g. Creme fraiche
- 160 g. Sugar
- 12 g. Vanilla paste
- 1 ea. Whole egg
- 2 ea. Egg yolk
- 3 oz. The Perfect Puree Key Lime Concentrate, thawed
Method for the Cheesecake Base:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Make sure to scrape the walls of the food processor in between mixing.
- Pour cheesecake mix into the desired mold, place mold onto water bath, and bake at 300F low fan for 16 minutes. A still oven may require an additional 5-7 minutes of baking.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator until needed.
Ingredients for the Lime Zest Jam:
- 4oz. The Perfect Puree Lime Zest, thawed
- 150 g. Sugar
- 150 g. Water
- 1 ea. Lemon
Method for the Lime Zest Jam:
- Combine lime zest, sugar, juice of 1 lemon, and water—bring to a boil—then drop to a simmer.
- Simmer until the mix reaches 220F, then remove from heat.
- Allow the jam to cool to room temperature before storing it in an airtight container.
Ingredients for the Brown Butter Crumble:
- 5 ea. Whole egg
- 300 g. Sugar
- 300 g. Brown sugar
- 200 g. Brown butter (melted)
- 150 g. Butter (melted)
- 1.5 tsp. Vanilla paste/extract
- 250 g. All-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp. Sea salt
Method for the Brown Butter Crumble:
- Cream eggs and white and brown sugar until tripled in volume.
- Slowly add the melted brown, regular butter, and vanilla paste until incorporated.
- Add flour and salt in three parts making sure to scrape the sides of the mixing bowl in between additions.
- Spread batter on a sheet tray and bake at 325F low fan for 20 minutes rotating half way through baking.
- Allow blondie to cool at room temperature.
- When cool, break up into small 2” pieces and place on a sheet tray.
- Dehydrate blondie pieces in the oven or dehydrator for 10-12 hours at 160-200F or until completely dry.
- When dry add blondie pieces to a food processor and grind until you get a crumble consistency.
- Store in an airtight container at room temp.
Ingredients for the Puffed Buckwheat:
- 500g – neutral oil (vegetable/ bran/ canola)
- 100g – buckwheat kernels
- 20g – sea salt
Method for the Puffed Buckwheat:
- Bring oil to below the smoking point. 475 F-500F
- Pour buckwheat kernels into a small sieve in small amounts and flash fry until they puff up.
- Immediately remove kernels from oil and pour onto a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Season with salt while still hot.
Ingredients for the Velvet Spray:
- 250g – white chocolate (33-36%)
- 250g – cocoa butter
- Green fat-soluble food coloring as needed
Method for the Velvet Spray:
- Combine cocoa butter and white chocolate in a bain marie or double boiler until melted.
- Once melted, add food coloring to desired shade and set aside until needed.
- Store at room temperature and remelt when needed.
- When needed, re-melt the mix to 120F and add to a chocolate sprayer.
- Coat cheesecakes when frozen for best results.