Lime Pork Sisig
200 small servings
Liza Cheng / Chef / The Perfect Purée
Ingredients for Key Lime Juice:
- 30 oz. The Perfect Purée Key Lime Concentrate, thawed
- 42 oz. water
Method for Key Lime Juice:
- Dilute Key Lime Concentrate with water to make key lime juice. The ratio is 1.4 parts water to 1 part concentrate.
Ingredients for Lime Zest Chili Sauce:
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. The Perfect Purée Lime Zest, thawed
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. sherry or sake
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 ½ tbsp. cornstarch or xanthan gum
- 3-4 tbsp. cool water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Method for Lime Zest Chili Sauce:
- Combine rice vinegar, Lime Zest, water, fish sauce, sherry, garlic, and chili pepper flakes in a sauce pot.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce to medium heat and let boil for 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
- While mixture is boiling, dissolve the cornstarch into the cool water in a small bowl.
- Reduce to low heat and add the cornstarch slurry to the heated mixture. Stir to incorporate, while continuing to mix with a whisk.
- Whisk until mixture thickens.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Ingredients for Lime Pork Sisig:
- 6 pork belly
- 6 tbsp. key lime juice
- 2 cups vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 heads of garlic, peeled & crushed
- 2 tsp. whole pepper corns
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 6 red onions, finely chopped
- 6 Thai chilis, stemmed & minced
- lime zest chili sauce, to taste
Method for Lime Pork Sisig:
- Combine pork belly, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaves, salt, and enough water to cover the pork in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, skimming scum that floats to the top. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until meat is tender. Remove from heat and drain well.
- Grill pork belly for 7 to 10 minutes on each side or until crisp and slightly charred over a hot grill. As an alternative, you can arrange the pork belly on a baking sheet in a single layer and broil in a 450°F oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool and chop meat.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped meat, onions, chili peppers and key lime juice.
- Serve a tablespoon of the mixture on a chicharrón chip or white rice and finish with lime zest chili sauce.