Pear Pâte de Fruit
Catherine Wiersema | Owner, Chocolats Passion, Portland, ME | Photo by Winky Lewis
Ingredients for Pear Pâte de Fruit:
• 1 jar The Perfect Purée Pear Puree, thawed
• 650 g. cane sugar
• 25 g. yellow pectin
• 180 g. glucose syrup
• 15 g. citric acid
• 15 g. water
Method for Pâte de Fruit:
- Bring the Pear Puree and half the sugar to a simmer, stirring to mix.
- In the meantime, thoroughly mix the rest of the sugar and the pectin.
- Combine the citric acid and the water, and swirl to melt the grains till the water looks clear.
- Weigh the glucose syrup and reserve.
- As soon as the purée comes to a boil, add the rest of the sugar/pectin and mix thoroughly.
- As soon as it gets to a simmer again, add the glucose syrup and mix.
- Place a probe thermometer in the pot and let it boil over medium heat (stir regularly to avoid scorching) until it reaches 225°F.
- Pull from heat, add the citric acid/water, and stir.
- Pour into the quarter-size pan lined (9″ x 13″) with a silpat.