Tempura Rock Shrimp with Yuzu Basil Glaze
Chrysti Kehr / The Front Room Bar & Lounge, Santa Rosa, CA
Ingredients for Tempura Batter:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tbsp. shiro miso paste
Method for Tempura Batter:
- Combine flour and cornstarch together and set aside.
- Combine soda water and miso paste together, ensuring no lumps.
- Whisk in the soda water slowly to the flour mixture.
Ingredients for Yuzu Basil Glaze:
- 2 cups The Perfect Purée Yuzu Luxe Sour blend, thawed
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tbsp. water
- ¼ cup shiro miso paste
- 3 oz. basil leaves destemmed
Method for Yuzu Basil Glaze:
- Reduce Yuzu Luxe Sour blend by ¼, and turn off the heat.
- Make a slurry with cornstarch and water, and add to Yuzu Luxe Sour reduction.
- Add the miso paste to the Yuzu Luxe Sour reduction and return to a boil, then take off the heat and cool.
- Puree the basil and Yuzu Luxe Sour reduction together in the Vita-Prep blender.
- Prepare rock shrimp with Tempura Batter and serve with Yuzu Basil Glaze.