Asian Pear & Sweet Ginger Coffee Cake
9 in. cake
Catherine O'Meara / Chef and Owner, Heller Catering, Lake Bluff, IL
Ingredients for Asian Pear & Sweet Ginger Coffee Cake:
- 6 tbsp. The Perfect Purée Sweet Ginger, thawed
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 stick softened butter
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups sour cream or Greek style yogurt
- 1 cleaned and diced Asian pear, skin on
Method for Asian Pear & Sweet Ginger Coffee Cake:
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°F then place parchment paper on the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan and spray the sides.
- Cream sugar, butter and oil.
- Add vanilla, almond extract and The Perfect Purée Sweet Ginger.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
- Add sour cream or yogurt.
- Whisk dry ingredients together and sift a little at a time over batter; mix until just incorporated.
- Scoop into prepared pan and top with 1 cup of Baker’s Cut candied ginger.
- Bake at 325°F for about 30-35 minutes or until a touch in the middle holds firm.