Butternut Squash Bowl with Pomegranate Vinaigrette, Kale and Quinoa
4 servings as a side
Chef Suki Otsuki | Lark on the Park (FB: @LARKonthePark) | Dallas, TX
Ingredients for Pomegranate Vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp. The Perfect Purée Pomegranate Concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 3/4 cup high-quality olive oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for the Kale, Quinoa, and Butternut Squash Bowl:
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 cups butternut squash, cut into half moons and roasted
- Make the vinaigrette. Add the shallots, vinegar, and Pomegranate Concentrate to a small bowl and allow to sit for a few minutes, so the vinegar begins to macerate the shallot/concentrate mixture. Whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Combine vinaigrette with chopped kale and massage until kale becomes soft and marinated.
- Toss kale mixture with quinoa and squash and divide among bowls.