Key Lime Cookies
1 Dozen Cookies
Tam Gelnette, Founder/Owner of Tams Baked with Love
Ingredients for Key Lime Cookies:
- 1 tbsp. The Perfect Purée Key Lime Concentrate, thawed
- 2 tsp. The Perfect Purée Lime Zest, thawed
- 2 cups (240 g.) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup (114 g.) unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 cup (200 g.) Sugar
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Ingredients for Glaze:
- 1 cup (120 g.) powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. The Perfect Purée Key Lime Concentrate, thawed
- fresh zest from a key lime (or regular lime) for garnish
- ⅛ tsp. citric acid
Method for Key Lime Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt, and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar and Lime Zest in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add the egg, vanilla, and Key Lime Concentrate. Stir to combine
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop the dough into 1 TBSP balls and gently roll them smooth. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, you do not want them to develop any color you do not want them brown. Remove from the oven, allow to cool a few minutes and then transfer to cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely before glazing.
Key Lime Glaze and Garnish:
- Pour the Key Lime Concentrate into the powdered sugar and gently whisk until comes together, if it too thick for your liking add more Key Lime Concentrate, if its too thin then add a Tablespoon of powdered sugar
- Dunk each of the cooled cookies into the glaze, letting the excess drip off and set on a wire rack.
- Combine zest from a key lime (or regular lime) with citric acid and add to the top of each glazed cookie for garnish. Allow the glaze to set completely before storing cookies.