Port Wine Black Currant Sauce
- 3 oz. The Perfect Purée Black Currant Puree, thawed
- 6 oz. demi-glace
- 2 oz. port wine
- 2 tbsp. Creme de Cassis
- 2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- In a saucepan, combine demi-glace, Black Currant Puree, and wine; bring the mixture to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer for about 10 minutes, frequently stirring, until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Whisk in Creme de Cassis and heavy cream; simmer the mixture for 5 minutes. Strain; transfer to a Bain Marie to hold for service.
- This richly flavored sauce accentuates duck, chicken, game, or pork loin entrees.
- Try this sauce prepared with The Perfect Purée Red Raspberry Puree or Blackberry Puree instead of the Black Currant Puree.