Chef Carlo Cavallo / Sonoma-Meritage Martini Oyster Bar & Grille / Sonoma, CA / photo by Taha Samet
Ingredients for Scallop Napoleon:
- 3 tbsp. Charbay Meyer Lemon Vodka
- 3 tbsp. The Perfect Purée Sweet Ginger, thawed
- 3 tbsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 zested oranges
- 2 zested Meyer lemons
Method for Scallop Napoleon:
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- 4 u/10 large scallops, rinsed and patted dry
Method for Scallops:
1. Arrange the scallops coated with curing mixture on a plate. Allow to sit in refrigerator for 1-6 hours. Remove, rinse, and pat dry.
Ingredients for Napolean:
- ¼ oz. The Perfect Purée Blood Orange Concentrate, thawed
- 1 golden beet, roasted and thinly sliced to match the diameter of the scallop
- 1 small English cucumber, thinly sliced to match the diameter of the scallop
- ¼ cup chive oil
- 4 bread crisps
Method for Napolean:
1. Make two layers of beet circle, cucumber, and cured scallop. Drizzle with The Perfect Purée Blood Orange Concentrate and chive oil. Salt and pepper each layer. Place on bread crisp and top with micro greens.