Spinach Salad and Blueberry Vinaigrette
Yields: 32 oz.
Ingredients for the Blueberry Vinaigrette:
- 15 oz. The Perfect Purée Blueberry Puree, thawed
- 8 oz. rice wine vinegar
- 2 oz. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 8 oz. corn or canola oil
- Season to taste
Method for the Blueberry Vinaigrette:
- Combine the Blueberry Puree, rice wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and sugar in a blender.
- Slowly blend in the corn/canola oil until fully incorporated. Season to taste.
- Pour into a squeeze bottle or speed pourer for service and refrigerate until needed.
Ingredients for the Spinach Salad:
- 24 oz. Baby spinach, washed
- 1 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 oz. Blueberry Vinaigrette
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 12 oz. bleu cheese, crumbled
- 4 oz. toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup of croutons
- pint fresh blueberries
Method for the Spinach Salad:
- Chill 6 large salad plates.
- Mix the baby spinach and red onion with 8 oz. of the Blueberry Vinaigrette in a large bowl.
- Season with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Divide the spinach salad evenly between the 6 salad plates.
- Top the salads evenly with the bleu cheese, toasted almonds, croutons, and fresh blueberries.
- Drizzle the top of the salads with the remaining Blueberry vinaigrette and serve.
- For a main course option, serve with smoked chicken, roasted duck breast, bacon, or prosciutto.