Toss Toss Salad (Modified Yee Sang)
Chef & Culinary Consultant, Peng S. Looi | Noosh Nosh (IG: @nooshnoshallday) | Louisville, KY | Photo Credit: Peng S. Looi
Ingredients for the Salad:
- 1 Sweet potato
- 20 g. Pickled ginger
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Fresh daikon
- 10 Grapes, sliced in half
- 1 1/2 lb. Fresh sushi-grade salmon, sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds
Method for the Salad:
- Peel the sweet potato into thin slices (cut vertically into long juliennes).
- Place in a large bowl and toss with cornstarch to coat all the sweet potatoes.
- Add oil to a pot and place over high heat.
- Once hot, deep fry the thinly shredded sweet potato until cooked and crispy. Drain well on kitchen paper.
- Repeat the cutting process for fresh daikon and carrot but keep chilled.
Ingredients for the Dressing:
- 2 tbsp. The Perfect Purée Carmelized Pineapple Concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 tsp. The Perfect Purée Key Lime Concentrate, thawed
- 1 tsp. The Perfect Purée Tamarind Puree, thawed
Method for the Dressing:
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients. Set aside.
- Arrange all salad ingredients, including the dressing, on a large circular serving plate.
- Toss the toasted sesame seed onto the freshly sliced salmon.
- Before tossing the salad, pour the dressing over the ingredients.