Freeze-Thaw Fruit Pastry Cream
Gloria Cabral, Culinary Instructor at Bristol Community College in Fall River, Mass
|•||1 jar The Perfect Purée (Purée of your choice), thawed|
|•||10 oz. sugar|
|•||11 oz. cold water|
|•||5 oz. Freeze-N-Thaw Pastry Cream Mix|
|•||3 oz. butter|
|1. Mix cold water and Freeze-N-Thaw Pastry Cream Mix together until smooth and dissolved.
2. Bring purée and sugar to a boil.
3. Add cream mixture and return to a boil for 3-5 minutes. Remove from stove.
4. Add butter and mix until smooth.
5. Cover with plastic wrap. Cool quickly. Refrigerate and use as needed within one week or freeze.
|1. Whipped Diplomat Cream: When cooled, up to 2 qts. of whipped heavy cream can be added for desired dessert fillings.
2. Mousseline: Add 2 parts softened butter to 1 part pastry cream and whip for filling or icing cakes.