Key Lime Plated Dessert
Pastry Chef Jessica Buscher (IG @jessicabuscher)
Ingredients for Key Lime Plated Dessert:
- 20 g. The Perfect Purée Lime Zest, thawed
- 25 g. The Perfect Purée Key Lime Concentrate, thawed
- 380 g. heavy cream
- 36 g. gelatin mass
- 370 g. white chocolate
- 400 g. heavy cream
Method for Key Lime Plated Dessert:
- Boil 380g cream. Pour over gelatin, chocolate, puree, and zest. Whip heavy cream to medium peaks and fold in chocolate. Pour into round molds and freeze. Once the spheres have frozen, add two dots of mousse to each side, smoothing over onto the spheres to make a lime shape. Freeze again, then dip in the chocolate coating mix.
- Chocolate Coating/ Velvet Spray: 1:1 Ratio of white chocolate and cocoa butter. Color as needed.
Ingredients for Key Lime Cremeux (approx 1 pint):
- 110 g. The Perfect Purée Key Lime Concentrate, thawed
- 2 g. gelatin
- 10 g. water
- 60 g. yolks
- 40 g. whole eggs
- 60 g. sugar
- 50 g. heavy cream
- 20 g. butter
Method for Key Lime Cremeux:
- Bloom the gelatin in the water. Whisk together the sugar and eggs.
- In a small pot, add the cream, key lime puree, and egg/sugar mix, and cook to 160°—constantly whisking so the eggs don’t curdle.
- Add the hydrated gelatin. Cool to 86° and blend in the butter.
- Store in the fridge overnight. The next day whisk until smooth and it’s ready to use.
Ingredients for Lime Curd (approx 1 pint):
- 1 tsp. The Perfect Purée Lime Zest, thawed
- 25 g. yolks
- 25 g. eggs
- 50 g. sugar
- 46 g. lime juice
- pinch of salt
- 22 g. Butter
Method for Lime Curd:
- Place the yolks, eggs, and sugar in a small pot and whisk until well blended. Add the lime juice and salt. Cook over medium-low heat until you reach 185F, and the mixture is thickened. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter. Pour into a container and stir in the lime zest. Place plastic wrap over the lime curd so skin does not form. Keep refrigerated.
Ingredients for Italian Meringue and Meringue Sticks:
- A/N The Perfect Purée Lime Zest, thawed
- 100 g. egg whites
- 200 g. sugar
Method for Italian Meringue and Meringue Sticks:
- In a small pot, add the sugar and fill it with enough water to cover the sugar. Whip the egg whites to medium peaks.
- Cook your sugar to 245°, then slowly stream it into your egg whites. Whip to stiff peaks and keep whipping till your meringue has cooled.
- Once your meringue has cooled, keep it refrigerated in an airtight container.
- For the sticks, set a small amount aside and gently fold in the lime zest to your desired taste. Add to a piping bag and pipe out straight lines on a sheet tray.
- Dehydrate in your oven, 175°-250°, for 2 hours. Break sticks to the desired size.
Ingredients for Graham Cracker Crumble (approx 1 pint):
- 105 g. AP flour
- 15 g. cornstarch
- 2.5 g. cinnamon
- 1.75 g. salt
- 0.5 g. Baking Soda
- 80 g. butter
- 27 g. sugar
- 35 g. brown sugar
- 15 g. honey
Method for Graham Cracker Crumble (approx 1 pint):
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Cream together the butter, sugars, and honey. Sift together all the dry ingredients and add to butter. Mix until combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough out 5mm thick and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Once it has cooled, process it in a robot coupe until you have crumbs. Keep stored in an airtight container.